AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Maybe they are for your Barbies DATE: 5/01/2008 09:57:00 AM ----- BODY:
I'm linking to a post that is a month old, but what can I say? I'm behind on a lot of my blog reading.

Doesn't matter though. This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. Made me actually snort out loud.

It also reminded me very much of myself some days. There was this one time that Guy and I were in Target in the outdoors section. On the top shelf, there was a row of tiny tents and tiny sleeping bags.

I made the mistake of saying something out loud that I had thought in my head for a long time. I said, "What are those tiny tents for anyway? I mean, who really needs a tent that tiny?"

Guy just looked at me in horror as he realized that he had fallen for a true ditz.

All it took was the expression on his face and the words, "Um, honey, nobody uses those tents, they are for display," and I got whiplash being yanked back into the world of people who aren't idiots.

Me and Unkempt Mommy can just go hang out in our land of tiny tents where there are no bowling pins allowed.

Labels: , ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Tam DATE:Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 10:29:00 AM EDT I have often looked at those and thought how wonderful it would have been to have one for my Barbies when I was little. I wonder what they do with them at the end of the season? ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Two Lines On a Stick DATE:Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 10:46:00 AM EDT Um you know how they have those display futons that are really narrow? Well when we were first dating or married and we were at WalM@rt I asked my husband "who the hell would buy such a narrow futon? Why not just get a recliner?" Oops... same reaction... ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Andria and Co. DATE:Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM EDT When I was little, I always wanted one of those tents for my Cabbage Patch Doll. ;) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous whymommy DATE:Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 4:57:00 PM EDT Me too. Wanted one for my dollhouse. I think I even asked the manager for one once -- he said they were already spoken for.

Note to self: go in to business making tiny tents for barbies and bratz. Bonus points if they're pink. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous gail DATE:Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 5:32:00 PM EDT Barbie's need tents. They do, I know. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous FENICLE DATE:Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 10:34:00 PM EDT Very funny indeed! I'm behind in my blogging & blog reading! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bubblewench DATE:Friday, May 2, 2008 at 7:28:00 AM EDT Holy freakin hysterical!

I once asked my dad (when I was VERY little) if they were for midgets. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Daily Verses DATE:Saturday, May 3, 2008 at 10:06:00 PM EDT Very funny. I've never seen those tents. I'll have to check it out next time. We're not really "camping" kind of people. :-) ----- --------