AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Reminders DATE: 2/18/2008 08:44:00 AM ----- BODY:
Andria said it. It's strange how something so natural can be so difficult. But it is. Breast feeding has been very very hard. I keep reminding myself of all the reasons to continue. How good it is for Bird.

Then, there will be moments like these, after I nurse him. He pops off with milk still dribbling out of his mouth. His little lips smack and he squirms his way in just a little bit even closer to me. One of my favorite faces he makes involves the raising of his little blonde eyebrows followed by a quick nose wrinkle. Most of the time, I even get a smile or two from him.

As he falls asleep, propped up on the breast that just nursed him, I'm reminded of how good it is for me too. Good to be able to give him something no one else can. Good to bond with him.

Good to get to be his momma.

Labels: , ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Andria DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 8:58:00 AM EST :) What a sweet post. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous HeatherK DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 9:55:00 AM EST Nothing like a newbie resting their little head on the boob pillow. You're taking lots o' nursing pics, right? You're doing awesome!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous mothergoosemouse DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 10:26:00 AM EST Canape, I'm glad you're finding moments of joy. Breastfeeding is wonderful - for you and for him - but I'm glad you're taking care of yourself too.

He's a beautiful baby. Congratulations! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Anonymous DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 10:56:00 AM EST just wanted to say regarding the bf post, tenacity rarely accompanies anguish and it is an amazing person who can carry the two.
Margaret ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Sarah DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 11:58:00 AM EST Beautiful. Just wait until he laughs and dribble milk down his chin :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous CelticBuffy DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 12:03:00 PM EST Nursing my babies was almost always one of my favorite times with them. It is an intimate, quiet bonding time with them that just can't be duplicated. Keep it up! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Michelle DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 12:43:00 PM EST Lovely post. And a great reminder of how lucky I am to be a momma. Thank you. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Steph DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 1:01:00 PM EST Awww! Such a sweet post! Im glad that things are getting better! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous FENICLE DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 1:14:00 PM EST You are giving him so much!!!! You are giving him your love and attention...it doesn't matter what form it comes in now or later. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous the new girl DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 2:43:00 PM EST aw. So sweet. I remember when my little girls head was SO SMALL and the boobages were SO LARGE.

Hang in there. It's so good for both of you and before you know it?

It totally morphs into that picture you have in your head of loving eyes and beauty and wonderfullness.

The beginning? Not so much wonderfulness. But it really does happen. I'm living proof.

xo ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous ImpostorMom DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 3:09:00 PM EST and that is why I'm still holding on to my breastfeeding career and am reluctant to give it up even though he's perfectly fine with out it. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous gail DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 7:53:00 PM EST Very very sweet :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous slouchy DATE:Monday, February 18, 2008 at 11:25:00 PM EST i had similar breastfeeding issues with ben. but by the time he was three weeks, the problems were history, and what remained was beautiful and easy.

you're headed there, friend. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bubblewench DATE:Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 11:29:00 AM EST That is super sweet. Glad there is happiness in the struggle. You are doing wonderful. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Momma B DATE:Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 1:36:00 PM EST that's precious =)

I'm glad things are looking up for you =) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Heather, Queen of Shake Shake DATE:Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 9:03:00 PM EST Breastfeeding is hard at first. The learning curve....agh! It was a very tough one for me too. I'm glad you two are finding your way thru it. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Lisa DATE:Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 12:36:00 AM EST You brought back such a sweet memory for me. I really miss that kind of bonding time.

Good for you. Good for both of you. ----- --------