AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape
TITLE: Seven and five memes
DATE: 1/02/2008 09:19:00 AM
I'm not a resolution maker. However, having finally caught up on my blog reading even if I had to skim some, I would like to stay more up to date with things and the people I care about in this community.
That includes answering memes and awards in a timely fashion. I've been a rude blogger lately, and that is going to change.
I don't promise though, that I won't cheat and do two memes in one post. Heh.
Emily, the fantabulous editor of Props and Pans and author of Fenicle, tagged me for a seven random facts meme. I've been tagged for this before, but we know what happened there. I was just rude. Sorry about that.
1. I have expensive tastes and a tight wallet. The two contradict each other all the time. Consequently, I would rather have one pair of expensive jeans that fit really well than 5 pairs of cheapo's that don't. On the other hand, nothing gets me more stoked than a good bargain.
2. I have never liked the way I look more than I do now while I'm pregnant.
3. Dogs like me.
4. Cameras don't.
5. I would rather have a bare wall than hang something on it that wasn't made by an artist. Preferably one I have met.
6. There's an unworn wedding dress hanging in my guest bedroom.
7. I love whole milk.
I'm tagging, well, I think most everyone I know has been tagged for this, but I can't remember. I'll tag, and if you've done it, don't feel like you have to repeat it. Kimmie, because she needs a distraction. Amy, because she doesn't need a distraction, but I figure she has learned a lot about herself lately. How about another fellow preggo at The Vessel? It's not seven, but it's the best I can do right now. If you ladies care to play along, just link back to here, list your 7 random things, and then tag seven additional bloggers. Let them know by leaving them a comment. Or cheat and just tag three.
The next meme is from Imstell. Here are the rules:
************Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or
- Share the 5 top places on your "want to see or want to see again" list. or
Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.
I'm choosing the 5 things I never pictured being in my future when I was 25 years old.
1. Being pregnant.
2. Being a part-time stay at home mom.
3. Being married to a man who lights my fire.
4. Never pictured my daddy as someone who would need such care so early in his life.
5. Wouldn't have thought the recording and performing I do would be in the new age genre rather than the rock genre.
For this, I tag Whymommy
, the most awesome Hat Maker
ever, and Tara
Amen. Thus endeth the memes.
Labels: Blogging Babes, My Life, Prompts
AUTHOR: Paige Jennifer
DATE:Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 2:04:00 PM EST
Dogs love me too! But cats? Yeah, we have a mutual hate (insert growl here).
DATE:Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 8:52:00 PM EST
Thanks for doing the meme. I'm awful at getting them done as well.
I'm with you on the jeans. One expensive pair is worth a million ones that don't fit good!
AUTHOR: moosh in indy.
DATE:Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 9:04:00 PM EST
I'll bet your are a fine piece of pregnant hotness.
I however, adore cats and cats love me.
Dogs, not really. No thank you.
DATE:Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 7:48:00 AM EST
I'm so with you on #1, my friend. It's a constant balancing act
DATE:Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 1:24:00 PM EST
Interesting... very interesting...
I'll get to it... eventually!
Isn't there a saying about your #1 from Emily - "Champagne tastes on a beer budget." That sort of explains the PBR...
DATE:Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 7:36:00 AM EST
I'm doing this today.. working on it now. (7:30am Tuesday)