AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Countdown DATE: 1/17/2008 08:29:00 PM ----- BODY:
Single digits. The counter on the left is in single digits. That doesn't mean a whole lot I suppose. It is only an estimated due date, after all. The fact that the word "February" came out of the doctor's mouth today did not slip past me. I heard it.

Someone else is in single digits. Whymommy, my dear Susan, is five days away from her surgery.

This has been floating around in my head all month, as I've been watching our respective countdowns. I thought there would be something poetic to say about it. Some sort of literary bit to compose.

But there isn't.

We just find ourselves both waiting.

And it does feel like we are both getting our second chances at the same time.

Labels: , , , ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous katy DATE:Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 11:27:00 PM EST I left a comment for whymommy today and told her that she and little bird were going to start a new life around the same time.
My car is fine... SH's not so much but it is interesting to see the perfect imprint of an electric pole.
Little bird knows he is better in his little 98.6 degree sauna than out in this snowy cold world right now. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous slouchy DATE:Friday, January 18, 2008 at 12:01:00 AM EST so soon, my friend, so soon... ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Candygirlflies DATE:Friday, January 18, 2008 at 9:53:00 AM EST Honey, that sounded pretty darn poetic to me.

I'm so excited for BOTH of you...

xoxo CGF

ps. You get some SLEEP, now!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous toddlerplanet DATE:Friday, January 18, 2008 at 10:12:00 AM EST We are, we are, we are!

But I wish....

Oh, nevermind. We'll both be here with our babies soon, and it will all be well again. It will.

(I'm always surprised when you leave me a comment because I'm CONVINCED that you're off having the baby already.... Soon, hon, soon. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous labugga DATE:Friday, January 18, 2008 at 2:43:00 PM EST So close!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Imstell DATE:Friday, January 18, 2008 at 3:20:00 PM EST I'm a teeny, tiny bit jealous. I never even got within the same calendar page as either of my due dates. Believe it or not, it's sort of disappointing to graduate early - even if it is because you've got a really cool gift coming that just can't wait. *sigh*. Enjoy your last few days of doing whatever you want whenever YOU WANT TO DO IT. That's all over after Bird arrives... Bwa, ha, ha! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Jessica R. DATE:Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 5:33:00 PM EST Is no news good news?
Where's that baby?
Hoping all is well! ----- --------