AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: And the waiting starts again DATE: 10/09/2007 11:30:00 AM ----- BODY:
When a mother has cancer, her first thought is of her children. The days that it gets hard and she gets tired, then she also has to face the guilt stemming from knowing that if she is gone, it will be harder on her children than on her. The days when she wants to be sad about the hand she has been dealt, she has to find some happiness to share with her children.

When she calls you to tell you that her CA125 levels are back up to where they were before the last battle, and we may be looking at a break in this miraculous remission from ovarian cancer, she doesn't cry. She doesn't complain.

She asks, "Are you alright?"

Always a momma. No matter how old her children are.

Momma's take on it is here. Of course we are hoping that the numbers will come back down and not continue climbing. All we can do is wait and see.

Labels: ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous katy DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:36:00 PM EDT I HATE cancer. So many people living lives, waiting on it, never sure if it will come back. So many people who couldn't get rid of it the first time.....
Why can no one figure it out, stop it in it's tracks, fight back for those who are tired of fighting? ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Anonymous DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:42:00 PM EDT You have a strong momma! I wish you both the strength to battle again. I know I become the scared kid whenever I wait for my mom's CA125's, too. No matter how old I am, she is the momma and I am the kid.
Constance, NMD ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Kevin Charnas DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM EDT I'm sending you and your Momma my good-filled thoughts and prayers. And hoping beyond hope that it all is okay. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Perugini DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:25:00 PM EDT I lost my Dad to it 8 years ago. Waiting really sucks. Know that you and your wonderful Mom are in my prayers. xoxo ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Candygirlflies DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:46:00 PM EDT Canape, hoping and praying for you and your family!! Love, as always, CGF xo ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Heather, Queen of Shake Shake DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:51:00 PM EDT Hugs to you. Sending lots of falling number vibes to your mama right now. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:55:00 PM EDT You captured what a Momma does beautifully. Prayers for you and YOUR Momma. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous MamaGeek @ Works For Us DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 4:08:00 PM EDT Speechless. I can identify with you and your beautiful Momma. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Stella DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 4:36:00 PM EDT Thinking of you and your momma and praying that those numbers go back down!!
I second Katy, I HATE cancer!

Alison ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous PunditMom DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 5:03:00 PM EDT I'm so sorry. I hate cancer, too. Much, too much cancer. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous slouchy DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 5:03:00 PM EDT I'm so sorry. Your momma is strong, and she is a momma, all right. I will be thinking about her and hoping that this is just a fluke. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Kathy's Surprise Party DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 6:37:00 PM EDT Oh damn - stupid other shoe dropping. My thoughts are with you and your family. If remission happened once, it can happen again. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Stimey DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 7:04:00 PM EDT I'll be thinking of you and your mom. I'm sorry to hear this news. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous The Farm House Kids DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:12:00 PM EDT I'll be praying that her numbers no longer rise and that she is earthly healed. I know it's easy for me to say, 'hang in there' and hard for you to do. I know it's on your mind, but for all it's worth ... take care and pray that she'll be okay.

Tanya
The Dairy Wife ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Clifford DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:19:00 PM EDT All that was said above and more of it. I raise my iced tea, slightly-sweetened & no lemon, to Mrs. S's good health. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous labugga DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 10:36:00 PM EDT All the love and hugs and prayers you sent my way today? Coming right back at you. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Ally DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 11:06:00 PM EDT Pass on all this love to your Mama and let her know we're all praying for her, out here in the internets. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Ally DATE:Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 11:11:00 PM EDT Wow, I just stopped by your mama's blog page. You have one great mama! But I suspect you already knew that. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bubblewench DATE:Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 6:35:00 AM EDT You know how much I adore your mother. I will be thinking of her and praying for her.

I will be thinking of you too. :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Liz DATE:Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 8:01:00 AM EDT aaaaw crap!

sending love and hugs and prayers to both you and your amazing momma. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Nancy DATE:Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 9:38:00 AM EDT Oh, Canape. I'm thinking of you and your Momma and wishing all the best for you both as you wait... ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bon DATE:Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 6:49:00 PM EDT you said it so well...or rather, your Momma did.

love to you, and Momma, and Little Bird. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous gail DATE:Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 7:32:00 PM EDT And we'll wait with you. Your Momma rocks my crocs. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Mrs. Chicken DATE:Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 12:15:00 AM EDT Oh how I hated these tests. Hated them, and the unreliable numbers. I am praying for you and your mom and your wee birdy. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Becki DATE:Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 5:48:00 PM EDT Cancer sucks.
Hope good news comes again soon. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Space Mom DATE:Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at 11:03:00 AM EDT I am so sorry this has started again.... ----- --------