AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape
TITLE: Etiquette questions
DATE: 11/12/2009 05:43:00 PM
I have etiquette questions. Not necessarily Emily Post questions, since I don't think she covered Twitter or what's the best way to tell someone to shut up. But questions nonetheless. Feel free to leave me all the assvice you can muster in the comments.
You see, my hormones are out of control and I'm a little sensitive lately. So go ahead, coach me.
- Is it rude to simply copy someone's Tweet and not retweet it properly? Like word for word?
- Is it rude to DM someone on Twitter if you don't follow them? So you can't DM them back?
- Is there a way to politely let someone know they are constantly spamming you with Facebook and Twitter DM's? I'm assuming I can't start off with, "Hey, stupid."
- Non computer related, what do you do when someone constantly pummels your toddler with questions that he can't answer? Over and over and over? Like, "What did you do today? Huh? Huh? What did you do? Did you go to school? Did you play? Huh? Huh? What did you do today?" Not that said toddler would have had time to answer even if he could, but do you step in and answer for him?
- On the dairy aisle, where you can't pass other people, what do you do when some dude is coming at you full on with his cart and doesn't cross over when he has the chance? Do you back up and let him through? Stare him down?
- What do you say to the person who keeps referring to all the colds your child has had, even though he hasn't had colds, he's just been teething? And you've told him this numerous times?
- Is it rude to tell the old man from up the street that if he is going to wander through the construction in your home, that you prefer him to knock first? Since sometimes you like to walk through the completely exposed kitchen in your freaking underwear?
Labels: General Bitching, Random Thoughts, Things I Should Keep to Myself
DATE:Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 9:08:00 PM EST
you sound like me when you are pregnant- if you want real answers i'm happy to oblige... however usually chocolate chips straight from the bag, hot tea, and walt telling me how fabulous i am (after i tell him exactly what to say) usually helps.
DATE:Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 9:33:00 PM EST
hehe, I also have trouble with people asking Champ questions he can't answer. I still don't know what to do when that happens.
AUTHOR: Convertible Girl
DATE:Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:14:00 PM EST
Questions 1-3 I can't help with because I don't tweet and don't know what DM means (I'm so old-school).
4. You could try jumping in and say, "Bird, do you have any idea what this person is asking you?" Okay, maybe rude, but could be funny.
5. Totally stare him down. Especially when you're pregnant and pushing the toddler.
6. Ask the person if he/she has been vaccinated for SARS.
7. No. Although I wouldn't tell him about the underwear because he might actually be into that.
DATE:Friday, November 13, 2009 at 12:10:00 AM EST
1. Yes. It should give the author credit.
2. I think so esp when it's crap about the $423.64 they made today.
3. You might ask them if there having any virus problems b/c... Unless it's me then you should just suck it up. ;)
4. Just nod.
5. Act distracted by your toddler, purse, or phone and stand your ground. Don't make eye contact. Of course, I tend to be passive-aggressive so you might not want to listen to me.
6. Give them a huge exaggerated sigh and then cough right in their face. That'd be awesome.
7. Next time he's there, send Kevin in wearing only underwear. That should do it.
Hope that helps.
DATE:Friday, November 13, 2009 at 8:29:00 AM EST
Please get out of my head! Apparently we're hormonal at the same time.
DATE:Friday, November 13, 2009 at 3:19:00 PM EST
I'm not sure about the Twitter stuff...I am not much of a user myself!
if someone asks my kid questions he can't anser, I start talking for the child. the person should get the hint
i would look dude in the face and smile. when/if he does not move, ask him if his mother forgot to teach him manners, especially since he has no care int he world for a pregnant woman. jerk.
Tell them its swine flu and they better get a vaccine, quick
i would tell him that there are rabid raccons living int he rafters and you dont want him to get hurt. if that fails, tell him it's your property.
AUTHOR: Issas Crazy World
DATE:Friday, November 13, 2009 at 3:44:00 PM EST
Okay, so I have been reading here for months and feel weird that this is my first comment. Or maybe it's my second. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me answering. I'm working on commenting more. :)
1. I think on this one no. Only because when you add the RT and then the persons name, you run out of room sometimes. So on occasion, I will remove a word or two at the end.
2. Personally, I think yes. I have someone who does that to me. If I @ her, she DM's me her response. I always wonder why she can't just @ me back. Then again, I do have her email if I truly want to say something back to her. It is weird though.
3. I'd unfollow. But I'm kind of like that. Ha.
4. I take my kid and walk away. There is a woman in my daughter's school who does this to my son. Then again, she still does it 2 months later.
5. Trip him?
6. Tell him he's got the plague and he'd better watch out, because it's coming his way? Hmm, I am maybe too snarky to answer these questions.
7. Nope. I think that on this one, just tell him that he needs to knock.