AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape
TITLE: Biting the bullet
DATE: 2/13/2010 05:22:00 PM
There is a point that is reached in blogging - a point of no return from whatever has been keeping you from writing. It is at this point where we turn to the cop out of all blogging techniques: bullets.
I am at this point of bullets.
I suppose that's enough for now. Life is crazy. I can't believe I'm the mom of two boys now. I can't believe we're done having kids. I can't believe my own life's checklist is getting back to finding some time to do my own recording. I can't believe I got to have the birth experience I so deeply desired. I can't believe I'm still rambling on when I could be using this time to actually bathe. I smell.
- Bird turned two. I have pictures and stories about his second birthday, but they aren't here yet. I'm working on it. He turned two just two days after Squeak was born. I can see it now - the little brother teasing the big brother that his birthday comes first. I'm considering just lying to them and telling them they were both born on the 25th. Split the difference.
- Squeak had his two week appointment earlier this week. Not only has he regained up to his birth weight, but he has also put on a pound. He is a big tub of squishy baby love.
- I don't feel well. I've had a low grade fever all week, have some sort of weird rash on my legs and back, my skin aches to the touch and itches, and some of my joints hurt. How weird is that? I'm almost embarrassed to call for an appointment because those symptoms are just lame. But dude, I really don't feel well.
- Wednesday, at the grocery store, the nice lady handing out sushi samples asked how old Squeak was. When I told her that he was 2 weeks old, she exclaimed that I looked "great!". She followed that lovely compliment up with this, "I mean, you chubby, but you not 2 week old chubby. You like six month chubby," grinning the whole time. I could hardly stop myself from laughing out loud before I could get my sushi and get out of there. Or waddle my 6 month chubby self out of there, as the case may be.
- I broke my new phone. Because I suck.
- Our new urologist's name is Dr. Weiner. Because I am 12, I laughed and laughed before I realized the other people in the room were not laughing with me. Then I apologized for being 12.
- I cannot stop eating Kara's homemade granola bars. Can. Not. Stop.
- Need to insert my foot in mouth on this post, because my gut instincts were right. Some times people are just what they seem to be on the surface. Probably more times than not. But for whatever reason, Kevin and I both have the fatal flaw of assuming that people are good no matter how many clues they give us up until the time it completely bites us in the ass.
- My stolen purse? Recovered in Fayetteville, which is about 90 minutes from here. Cards and phone are gone, but my license and keys were still there. We tried to go pick it up before Squeak came, but the evidence room was closed on MLK Day, which they neglected to mention to us when they said, "Come anytime between 8:00 and 5:00, Monday through Friday." The other postscript to that story is that Holly Aiken is amazing. She found that post and offered to remake the purse for me for free. Because she is amazing. I'm waiting to take her up on it until I see what condition the original purse is in. Maybe it's alright, or maybe they used it for an ashtray. I won't know until I can make it back to Fayetteville when the evidence room is actually open. I've been a little busy having a baby and all.
- My husband is awesome, and has been doing so much to help out with Bird and Squeak and making sure dinner is on the table every night. He rocks.
- After a holiday season of watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" waaaaaay too many times, Bird now calls all jazz, "Brown music," which I will no doubt have some explaining to do if he says that in certain situations.
Pictures soon, I promise.
Labels: Bird, Butterbean, Family, My Life, Random Thoughts
AUTHOR: No Minimom
DATE:Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 7:50:00 PM EST
If you don't want to take Holly Aiken up on her offer, I will! Those are some super cute bags! Which one do you have? I may have to do some splurging with our tax refund!
DATE:Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 9:35:00 PM EST
Don't leave me hanging... I need to know more about the foot in mouth bit. Is that in regards to the person the post is about or is it in regards to the EE thing? I needs to know.
Anyway, bullets are perfectly fine and I CAN'T WAIT to see you all.
PS- Holly Aiken is too sweet! I may have to buy another purse or diaper bag just because of that.
DATE:Monday, February 15, 2010 at 5:23:00 PM EST
Brown music...that made me laugh! I love him and can't wait to see him!!
DATE:Friday, February 19, 2010 at 8:06:00 PM EST
Eighth bullet, with no pun intended: not a fatal flaw. Not a flaw at all. Hope it's a quality you maintain despite the 0-2 curves life throws you.
(...and hope you pull a few of them 375 ft over left center while you're at it)
DATE:Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 2:51:00 PM EST
OMG you had your baby and I didn't even know! CONGRATULATIONS!
AUTHOR: workout mommy
DATE:Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 9:59:00 AM EST
i'm late to the party---congrats on squeaks birth!
and your comment about Dr. Weiner made me laugh out loud, so I'm apparently 12 as well. :)
DATE:Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 6:17:00 AM EST
I’ve always been interested in traveling. To see new places, to meet new people-what can be better? Yesterday I was searching on the internet and came across the ranktravel.com site. The site is a real treasury! There is information there about all the possible places worth visiting on all the 6 continents with the best hotels to stay there and ships to get there! I fell in love with those bright pictures and even chose something for myself! The next step is to find money to get there!