AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Craftacular DATE: 12/07/2008 09:25:00 PM ----- BODY:
Over the past year or so, I have developed a love of handmade things. Esty is a website that should be banned from my computer. I've spent entirely too much time and money there.

Those who know me in real life know that I am not creative outside of music or cooking. It's just not in me.

Or so we thought.

I now present to you, the family Christmas stockings, made by moi, because I was too damn cheap to purchase personalized stockings. Well, that, and the ones I found that I liked wouldn't allow the 11 letters in my son's name.

I do believe I am officially crafty.







Labels: ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Nita DATE:Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 9:56:00 PM EST OMG - they are gorgeous! Yes indeedy Miss Marty - you are officially crafty. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Stella DATE:Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 10:34:00 PM EST You are definitely crafty!! Maybe you have your own Etsy shop in your future!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Daily Verses DATE:Monday, December 8, 2008 at 9:09:00 AM EST Very very crafty! Nice job. But... where is mommy's stocking? :P ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Susie DATE:Monday, December 8, 2008 at 9:41:00 AM EST Crafty and clever! How long did it take you to do each one? ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Marty, a.k.a. canape DATE:Monday, December 8, 2008 at 9:54:00 AM EST JC - Mommy's stocking is the one that says "shamoopie." At Kevin's request :)

Susie - You don't even want to know. The Snoopy one took the longest. I've been working on them for a couple of weeks now - I really don't know how long each one took though - longer than I thought they would. Much much longer. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Erika Jurney DATE:Monday, December 8, 2008 at 2:19:00 PM EST Those are fantastic!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Sara DATE:Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 7:24:00 PM EST Please please Please Please Please post your instructions or tell me where to find them. I can't find our stockings and need to make some quick. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Marty, a.k.a. canape DATE:Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 8:49:00 PM EST Sara, I would be more than happy to post them - but I made it up as I went along! If you email me, I can cut another pattern (out of my ver official newspaper) and mail it to you with the instructions on assembling the stocking base and the link to the free font for the letters. That's about all I've got though, I'm sorry! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Becki DATE:Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 2:15:00 PM EST Adorable!! ----- --------