AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Shut up and file DATE: 7/10/2008 10:29:00 PM ----- BODY:
Seriously. Just because I cannot for the life of me understand what you are trying to say to me in English doesn't mean that I don't know that you are ridiculing me to your fellow nail techs in Vietnamese.

And yet I tipped you anyway.

It wasn't even a fabulous pedicure. And the chair? Had a cue ball sized massage thing going on in my butt crack.

Next time? You had better offer me wine like the woman sitting next to me had. I don't care if it comes in a plastic cup or not.

I can certainly understand you when you say "white" or "red."

Labels:

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous pastormargaret DATE:Friday, July 11, 2008 at 7:26:00 PM EDT Until I met Stacy, I endured the foreign language and all the laughing that I was sure was at my expense. Now with Stacy who speaks West Tennessee English I am pampered and enjoy good conversation all the while--surely one of life's luxuries. Find a spa where English is spoken. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Stella DATE:Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 9:24:00 AM EDT I've been on a hunt to find a place where the techs speak English. The last time I got my nails done I was the only one in the place and I could tell they were talking about me and getting me out as quickly as possible so they could close early!
SO UNCOMFORTABLE! I don't think I'm going back!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bubblewench DATE:Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 7:56:00 AM EDT Well! I won't suggest that salon while I'm there for a peddie!

I used to make the techs teach me Vietnamese, but all they would teach me is dirty words.. it was fun. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Becki DATE:Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 9:43:00 PM EDT I hate those places!! Although the last nail lady I liked worked in one. But they didn't talk over my head...she wasn't like the rest of em, at least when I was there... ----- --------