AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Goldilocks needs a t-shirt DATE: 4/12/2008 10:45:00 AM ----- BODY:
On the off chance that a bored fashion designer might read this post, I have a request.

I would like to have some fitted t-shirts that allow for a large chest. I'm stuck wearing t-shirts that still look like maternity shirts, swimming all around my midsection, just so I can fit my boobs in them. I am ready to look put together again. Please.

These t-shirts would be more generous in the bust. The arm holes would be adjusted so that the shirt isn't stretched out of shape in the armpits. The shoulder line would fall a little lower to give the illusion that my shoulders are wider than my breasts (which they aren't).

The cute cap sleeves would be a little bit longer so that they at least reach my bust line. Bare arms next to boobs accentuate them even more.

Most of all, these t-shirts would be longer so that they don't ride up over the top of my pants. My boobs take up so much of a t-shirt that the poor shirt that I need little suspenders at the bottom of the shirt just to keep it from constantly climbing up my belly. I got over showing belly exactly 12 weeks ago today.

I am 35 years old. My postpartum body is alright with me. Really, it is.

I would like, however, some t-shirts that fit.

Maybe they exist already and I just haven't found them? If you know of any, please leave me a link. I'm due to be locked up by the fashion police any day now.

Labels:

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Anonymous DATE:Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM EDT I agree! Better T-shirts for big busted gals!!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Liz DATE:Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 12:13:00 PM EDT I would like one or two as well! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous gail DATE:Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 12:31:00 PM EDT I do the OLd Navy skinny tees with a cami... I wish I had time to to and make something for myself but I tell you it would take months to draft anything that big, heeee! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Steph DATE:Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 5:19:00 PM EDT (((HUGS))) I DONT have boobs and I STILL cant find a tshirt that fits!! :( ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous whymommy DATE:Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 10:04:00 PM EDT Can't help you there ... but I well remember your pain! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous momma knows DATE:Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 12:10:00 AM EDT I know this isn't what your looking for, but here's what I did...I wasn't quite ready for the "fitted" tees, plus I found them hard to get up and down while nursing. I went to wallyworld and bought mens (Hanes) v neck tagless white tees in sm and med, I used the med until my boobies decided what size they were going to be...I lived in these things, I washed them with dreft along with her clothes, it just worked for me. Afterwards I used them to sleep in since I can only seem to sleep in white...yes I evidently have issues, LOL!

Hope you find the perfect tee :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous MB DATE:Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 8:50:00 PM EDT Hey, what happened to the guess your post baby/breastfeeding bra-size contest? Who's the lucky winner? ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Marty, a.k.a. canape DATE:Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 10:29:00 PM EDT MB - Thanks for reminding me! I got so wrapped up in this mom thing that I forgot about it. The t-shirt is waiting in my closet though. I'll award it this week :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bubblewench DATE:Monday, April 14, 2008 at 8:08:00 AM EDT If you find any - let me know! I've never been able to find anything that fit nice like that. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Candygirlflies DATE:Monday, April 14, 2008 at 9:59:00 AM EDT http://www.smartflyercanada.com/penningtons.html

Hi, Canape...

I'm not sure exactly what size you are on top right now, but here is a link to a store up here in the Great White North that has some nice looking tops, with a good selection of different "fits". I shopped here for a little while after my second child was born-- to accommodate my top-half!!

What you are looking for is a t-shirt that has DARTS in the sides, to accommodate your chest. That little bit of tailoring will eliminate the wrinkles that currently form under your arms. And longer!! Yes!!! T shirts should ABSOLUTELY be being made longer, with a bit of curve in the waist, to accentuate your body.

I know you don't want to shop at maternity stores anymore... but up here there are also a few maternity places that sell beautiful things for nursing mothers, too. I'm not talking about those awful shirts with the slashes down the front and the big bib-flap buttoned over the top. I mean some nice shirts that are properly tailored to fit well, and also provide "easy access". Maybe try the Shirley K or Thyme website??

Let me know how the search goes!! I remember the desperate urge to feel "put together" again after my kids were born, and how hard it was to assemble a post-partum wardrobe...

Lots of love to you-- CGF xoxo ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bon DATE:Monday, April 14, 2008 at 4:17:00 PM EDT if you find these, will you send some?

i think i spent most of my post-partum summers in tees from old navy, which were a bit tight in the chest but not bad. of course, i was only an EE even while nursing, which felt huge but i realize in retrospect was not. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Becki DATE:Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 9:24:00 PM EDT I feel your pain!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous TheMusingMommy DATE:Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 1:10:00 AM EDT Have you tried Coldwater Creek for their tee shirts and knit tops? ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Nita DATE:Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 1:03:00 PM EDT I know it is 2 months late and all, but I ran across these shirts a few weeks back and have been very pleased. They are thicker than paper so they aren't see-thru. They are plus size so generous in the bust but tapered at the waist. - perhaps the smallest size will work for you and at only $10, they just might be worth a shot. They have a nice little slightly rushed cap sleeve.

Check em out at www.avenue.com, under apparel>basic tees. I prefer a nice v-neck shirt as I find the scoop necks always stretch too far. ----- --------