AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Little Bird's friend DATE: 9/05/2007 10:22:00 PM ----- BODY:
Today was the big day. News of all news. Would Guy be right? Or would my Turkish friend be right? Or as Labugga put it, would Bird be a chicken or a rooster?

I conceded to Guy several weeks ago. He is annoyingly right a large percentage of the time. Guy said boy, so I started to accept boy.

Don't get me wrong, either one was totally okay by me. Baby. That is all I wanted it to be. I did, however, particularly like the girl name we had picked out.

I will have to save that name though for the next one. Unless of course I want for my son to get the crap kicked out of him daily at school for having a girl name. Which I don't.

We're going blue, folks.

Bird is a boy.

Labels: ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous slouchy DATE:Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 10:43:00 PM EDT Yay for boys! I can tell you all kinds of things about boys! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Andria DATE:Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 10:53:00 PM EDT The stem is on the apple! Congrats!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Mamma DATE:Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 10:56:00 PM EDT Boys always love their mommas!!

Yeeehaaa!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Jen DATE:Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 11:47:00 PM EDT Congratulations M!!! can i just say boys are THE BEST! a true quote from my 3 year old today:

"When I grow up I'm going to have a monster truck with a baby seat, but not until I have a baby, mama"

Me,"OK, that sounds like a good plan L."

Him, "But Mama, first I have to fall down in love before I have a baby right? Will it hurt Mama?"

AND he says he's going to marry ME! Boys are the best.

Congrats! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous JUST A MOM DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 12:43:00 AM EDT Congratulations Mama Bird. Little boys are wonderful, although they do pee on your feet when potty training. But I'm sure you'll do just fine with that.

I love my boys so much, all five of them. .. and my two girls too.

Now you have a 'little blue bird'.

Tanya ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bananas DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 1:04:00 AM EDT AAAGGGHHH!!! Boys are the best! How exciting!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bubblewench DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 8:23:00 AM EDT WOO HOO! Congratulations! Little Guy! Or would that be Mini Guy? ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous gail DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 8:51:00 AM EDT Like I said before, BIRDIE HAS A PEEEENY!!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Cathy DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 1:17:00 PM EDT Congrats! Boys are a precious, precious thing. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 2:05:00 PM EDT Yay! Congratulations! Boys are wonderful! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous The Farm House Kids DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 2:29:00 PM EDT uhhh, that comment from 'just a mom' is from me. I was signed in helping her redo her blog and somehow I screwed up .... BUT

congrats on your little blue bird!

Tanya ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous slackermommy DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 3:34:00 PM EDT Rock on! Little bird has a penis. Congrats to you all! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Kathy's Surprise Party DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 3:44:00 PM EDT YAY! YAY! If I can just get our adoption to work out, we'll both have boys. So, exciting! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Whymommy DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 4:09:00 PM EDT Whoo hoo! Congrats!

I will warn you, though -- they come out of the womb looking for trucks and trains. It doesn't stop. :-) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Candygirlflies DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 4:20:00 PM EDT I have two male family members who are "little birds", too. When they were children, Robert was called "Robin", and Warren was called "Wren".

So delighted to hear of the wonderful news of YOUR SON.

You must be tickled blue!!

xo CGF ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Perugini DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 4:29:00 PM EDT Congrats on your baby blue! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Tracy DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 6:33:00 PM EDT Congratulations!!! I myself have always wanted to try again....in hopes for a boy, but I'm so afraid of having two at a time again!!! My hubby's always been an over-achiever!!! LOL ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Tracy DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 6:35:00 PM EDT CONGRATULATIONS!!! I always wanted to try again in hopes for a boy, but was/am afraid of having two at a time again...."Big Daddy" being the over-achiever that he is!!! LOL ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Stimey DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 8:18:00 PM EDT Oh, congratulations! You are going to have all kinds of fun with that kid. Boys are crazy fun! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous FENICLE DATE:Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 10:12:00 PM EDT Very cool!!! Very cool indeed!!!

I prayed for a boy....because I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. I'm not a girly-girl....

You'll do wonderful :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Liz DATE:Friday, September 7, 2007 at 11:13:00 AM EDT You'll soon figure out, little boys LOVE their mommies and it is the best thing in the world.
I'm told that when he is about 4 he will tell you he wants to marry you when he grows up.
Congratulations on the news of the Master Bird! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Jaime DATE:Friday, September 7, 2007 at 12:36:00 PM EDT YAY on your blue bundle!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous MamaGeek @ Works For Us DATE:Friday, September 7, 2007 at 3:41:00 PM EDT Congrats Canape and Guy! I hope you get a Tee Pee for the Wee Wee.

Go Blue! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous katy DATE:Saturday, September 8, 2007 at 12:44:00 AM EDT Boys area so much fun....remember never, and I mean never, take off a diaper unless you have another one laying over top of them. The first time I took my sons diaper off when we got home from the hospital he pee'd straight up in the air and I was laughing so hard my husband had to grab a diaper and throw over him. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous FishyGirl DATE:Saturday, September 8, 2007 at 12:51:00 PM EDT Woot! Blessings and golden showers upon you. I love my boys. Just make sure you don't forget that poop can fly just as far as the shower. I learned that the hard way.

Congrats on your blue bird. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Heather, Queen of Shake Shake DATE:Monday, September 10, 2007 at 8:30:00 PM EDT I lurve boys! I have two so it all worked out.

Yay for boys!

Congrats! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Ally DATE:Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 1:21:00 AM EDT Hey Canape, congratulations! A little boy. That's nice. Sigh. ----- --------