AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: Part of him, part of me DATE: 8/31/2007 01:08:00 PM ----- BODY:
I love it when Guy wakes up before the alarm. Since I never wake up before the alarm (not including the 52 trips to the bathroom each night), that means that he is going to be the one to wake me up.

To be woken up by kisses on the forehead is to have the first thoughts of your day be of how much you are loved. It's a pretty amazing way to wake up.

This morning, I had to be woken up twice. The kisses on the forehead were the first time. Then I dozed off again. I can't help it. There is this spot right below his left shoulder that I just melt into and can't help but relax into slumber.

The second time I woke up, we had turned into spooning, with Guy's hand on my belly. I rolled back over to face him and he says,

"The baby kicked me while you were asleep."

Later, while I was driving to the school for more substitute teaching goodness, I had an emotionally overwhelming thought. It was one of those thoughts that is so incredibly obvious, and when you say it out loud, it sounds almost stupid. An "of course" thought.

When I was young, I used to sit and ponder the fact that I was a unique person. Saying that doesn't find the depth of importance that my mind would explore. The questions that arose from that statement and the way I related and fit into a world of other unique people. It just sounds silly, but it felt like a deep meditation to me.

I had another one of those moments today. I thought about the baby kicking his daddy. It doesn't sound like a deep thought, but it felt like one. The enormity of how lucky I am to have created a life with the man I was created to be with struck me with such force that it took my breath away. That he could feel that life this morning was one of the most amazing things I have experienced.

What has been a really hard week is ending up being pretty wonderful.


A fabulous pair of boots certainly doesn't hurt either. But perhaps that's a bit shallow of me.

Labels: , , , ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous slackermommy DATE:Friday, August 31, 2007 at 4:06:00 PM EDT Awww, I feel all warm and fuzzy. Feeling life in my belly is the one thing I miss about pregnancy. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Mamma DATE:Friday, August 31, 2007 at 4:24:00 PM EDT Ooooh!! I love those boots!!

I envy your shoe shopping options!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Karaoke Diva DATE:Friday, August 31, 2007 at 5:18:00 PM EDT Those are some sexxxy boots, girl! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous slouchy DATE:Friday, August 31, 2007 at 5:50:00 PM EDT Fabulous boots. Wow.

And such a sweet post. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Kevin Charnas DATE:Friday, August 31, 2007 at 9:46:00 PM EDT Nice...*big sigh* I'm envious...and not just of those fantastic boots either. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bitsy Parker DATE:Friday, August 31, 2007 at 10:27:00 PM EDT Let me just say, there is creating new life and there are great boots. Girl, those are some great boots! Definitely worth blogging about. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bubblewench DATE:Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 7:07:00 AM EDT You know.. I don't think I want to have kids, then I read something all romantic cute fuzzy and wonderful like this. Damn the confusion!!

AMAZING boots! Love them! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children DATE:Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 11:34:00 PM EDT Oh to be loved like that!

Great boots, too. Methinks my husband would like those if I got a pair! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Tiffany DATE:Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 7:31:00 AM EDT That is beautiful!! I love reading stuff like this canape! I'm glad you had such a great morning with snuggles, kisses, and baby kicks.

You are 100% right, great boots also play a role. People under estimate the magic of retail therapy :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Mandy DATE:Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 11:30:00 AM EDT And now I have goosebumps, thanks! hehe ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Travis Erwin DATE:Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 12:09:00 PM EDT Nice boots. And yes it was very cool the first time I felt my son kicking. Sure women have to deal with the pain and all of childbirth but y'all also get to feel every little movement. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous gail DATE:Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 8:43:00 PM EDT I heart those boots and that baby! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Bon DATE:Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 9:09:00 PM EDT love the post.

know the feeling...both the "he's always working in his head and i miss him" of earlier in the week, and the "jeebus, i'm lucky and i cannot believe we're doing this, having a child, making a life." i hope the latter sings more powerfully for a while to come.

love the boots too. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Liz DATE:Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 9:23:00 PM EDT thems some sexay boots!

and what a wonderful post, canape. it's really amazing, isn't it? i STILL have moments--every single day--when i look at henry and think...holy crap, we MADE this! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous MamaGeek @ Works For Us DATE:Monday, September 3, 2007 at 9:42:00 AM EDT The boots do indeed rock.

For that reason alone (okay, and all of your other always-beautiful posts), I had to pass this award onto you Canape. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Oh, The Joys DATE:Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 10:55:00 AM EDT I love the boots ending to this wonderfully sweet post, Canape!!

xo,OTJ ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Mrs. Chicken DATE:Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 11:32:00 AM EDT Those boots - and the pregnant legs wearing them - are HAWT.

And I know exactly what you mean here.

xoxoxox ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous w DATE:Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 6:06:00 PM EDT Hey ... did you have a good holiday weekend? Wondering where you are! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Clifford DATE:Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 11:32:00 PM EDT Paul Stanley would be quite impressed with thine bootses. Rock on. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Kathy's Surprise Party DATE:Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 3:11:00 PM EDT So sweet. So happy for you. So jealous of boots. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous katy DATE:Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 6:14:00 PM EDT I'm missing your updates. I hope everything is going great and you are just too busy to post.
My chunky legs would ruin those boots but they will be great for you. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous JJ DATE:Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 6:49:00 PM EDT ooh great boots. nice post too! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Debbie, i obsess DATE:Friday, September 7, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM EDT um, no. not shallow at all.

at ALL.

and that is so wonderful, what you said about your fella and your little tweet in the belly. lovely.

:) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Ally DATE:Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 1:23:00 AM EDT What a wonderful way to wake up-- first the wake up kisses, then with the knowledge that your little Bird had woken up his Daddy by giving him a kick. Lovely. ----- --------