AUTHOR: Marty, a.k.a. canape TITLE: I know you're still there DATE: 6/16/2007 08:44:00 PM ----- BODY:
Dear Bird,

I know I haven't really talked much to you. It's not that I don't love you; it's that I'm still unsure that you are going to stick around. I would love for you to stick around you know.

You might like to know that your room is yellow. Lemon chiffon to be exact. It matches a quilt with rad bunnies on it that your Aunt Shelster made.

Next week we go back to the doctor. You will be 9 weeks old, and I'm going to make sure that little heart of yours is still beating. If it is, I'm going to breathe a little easier and sleep a little sounder.

I want to thank you though for all the nausea and need for naps. Your dad says that you are kicking my ass. He isn't wrong. For that, I thank you. Because I really do love having you here. I love being pregnant with you, and every time I catch some zzzzzz's, I wake up glad that I still needed them.

Love,
Momma Bird

Labels: ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous whymommy DATE:Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 9:41:00 PM EDT So sweet!

You are an excellent mom. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Mamma DATE:Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 11:09:00 PM EDT Pregnancy symptoms are good, good, good. I always felt like the more nauseous I was the better, because it meant the hormones were doing what they were supposed to.

Can't wait to see the bump!!! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous girl DATE:Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 11:57:00 PM EDT You are an excellent mom. Made me weepy. I can't wait to meet your little Bird. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Jessica DATE:Sunday, June 17, 2007 at 7:11:00 PM EDT sniff, sniff...

Sweet words, so very very sweet... ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous AcadeMama DATE:Sunday, June 17, 2007 at 9:20:00 PM EDT All good news! My doctor with my first daughter, after hearing about my incessant morning sickness, actually told me that it was good news as it indicated higher HcG levels = a strong pregnancy! :) ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Amy DATE:Monday, June 18, 2007 at 4:51:00 PM EDT You sure do have a way of making me cry. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Anonymous Liz DATE:Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 12:31:00 PM EDT Wonderful post. Sweet post.

Isn't it so weird to *love* the exhaustion and the nausea? ----- --------